Weigh-In
Today was a weigh-in day for me.
I was nervous. It had been a really difficult weekend. Cravings, desires... why can't I just eat a whole pan of brownies!?!? Next to tears at times, eating veggies instead of a second piece of pizza... fruit, fruit, fruit. Neglecting the twizzlers for the time being. Torture, I tell you, torture!
My last weigh-in was January 9... and between then and now I hadn't made it to the gym very often, mostly because of visitors and sick children. I managed to keep my calories in an acceptable range, so I was fairly certain I hadn't gained weight. But I wasn't sure I had lost any either. That would have been really depressing because I really want to get a pedicure... and I still had to lose 1.1 more pounds from the last weigh-in to be able to do it. Ah, the joys of incentives... however small they might be.
I worked out this morning extra hard and tried not to drink too much water (trying to shave off as many ounces as possible!)
Then I carefully, nervously, trepedatiously walked over to the scale, setting the weights at the previous January 9 reading.
Woo-Hoo!! I was shocked to learn that I had lost 2.75 pounds! How very, very exciting! That makes my total weight loss since Sept 2006 = 26.95 pounds.
My mom brought some size 10 blue jeans when she arrived last week and they are fitting comfortably. Actually, by the end of the day when they're all stretched out they are actually starting to fall down a little bit. That makes me really happy... I am now in a weight range that I have not seen since I was 18 years old... of course I was a pretty heavy 18-year-old, so we're not talking movie star thin... But it is definitely progress for me.
Must keep going... It is SOOOOOO hard! But so very worth it.
~lk
I was nervous. It had been a really difficult weekend. Cravings, desires... why can't I just eat a whole pan of brownies!?!? Next to tears at times, eating veggies instead of a second piece of pizza... fruit, fruit, fruit. Neglecting the twizzlers for the time being. Torture, I tell you, torture!
My last weigh-in was January 9... and between then and now I hadn't made it to the gym very often, mostly because of visitors and sick children. I managed to keep my calories in an acceptable range, so I was fairly certain I hadn't gained weight. But I wasn't sure I had lost any either. That would have been really depressing because I really want to get a pedicure... and I still had to lose 1.1 more pounds from the last weigh-in to be able to do it. Ah, the joys of incentives... however small they might be.
I worked out this morning extra hard and tried not to drink too much water (trying to shave off as many ounces as possible!)
Then I carefully, nervously, trepedatiously walked over to the scale, setting the weights at the previous January 9 reading.
Woo-Hoo!! I was shocked to learn that I had lost 2.75 pounds! How very, very exciting! That makes my total weight loss since Sept 2006 = 26.95 pounds.
My mom brought some size 10 blue jeans when she arrived last week and they are fitting comfortably. Actually, by the end of the day when they're all stretched out they are actually starting to fall down a little bit. That makes me really happy... I am now in a weight range that I have not seen since I was 18 years old... of course I was a pretty heavy 18-year-old, so we're not talking movie star thin... But it is definitely progress for me.
Must keep going... It is SOOOOOO hard! But so very worth it.
~lk
Comments