Fun Mommy Moment
There are some days that I love being a mom... and today was one of them.
Valentines Day is right around the corner and Clark has snack duty at school tomorrow. In honor of the holiday and to bring a little cheer to the classroom, I thought I would do something a little special.
Clark mentioned the other day that one of the kids had brought chocolate sandwiches to school (nutella between two slices of bread... not at all healthy, but definitely fun), so he decided that he wanted to bring the same thing the next time it was his turn to bring the snack for the whole class. I had originally dismissed the idea thinking the other mothers would not appreciate chocolate sandwiches... however, then I had an idea.
Being that it is so close to Valentines Day, I decided to make the chocolate sandwiches, along with some strawberry jam sandwiches... and then use my heart-shaped cookie cutter to make them into heart-shaped sandwiches! I was so proud of myself for thinking up this creative little treat for Clark and his buddies at school. Hopefully they will like them. I also threw in some 'funfetti' cupcakes (thanks Terri Bennett and friends for the mix!) with white frosting and frosting hearts drawn on top... with sprinkles, too!
What a snack day it's going to be!
We'll go back to 'normal' snack food next month (some kind of easy to eat Indian food that is non-spicy and that children like)... but for now, let the fun Valentine holiday mood prevail.
A fun mommy moment indeed!
~lk
Valentines Day is right around the corner and Clark has snack duty at school tomorrow. In honor of the holiday and to bring a little cheer to the classroom, I thought I would do something a little special.
Clark mentioned the other day that one of the kids had brought chocolate sandwiches to school (nutella between two slices of bread... not at all healthy, but definitely fun), so he decided that he wanted to bring the same thing the next time it was his turn to bring the snack for the whole class. I had originally dismissed the idea thinking the other mothers would not appreciate chocolate sandwiches... however, then I had an idea.
Being that it is so close to Valentines Day, I decided to make the chocolate sandwiches, along with some strawberry jam sandwiches... and then use my heart-shaped cookie cutter to make them into heart-shaped sandwiches! I was so proud of myself for thinking up this creative little treat for Clark and his buddies at school. Hopefully they will like them. I also threw in some 'funfetti' cupcakes (thanks Terri Bennett and friends for the mix!) with white frosting and frosting hearts drawn on top... with sprinkles, too!
What a snack day it's going to be!
We'll go back to 'normal' snack food next month (some kind of easy to eat Indian food that is non-spicy and that children like)... but for now, let the fun Valentine holiday mood prevail.
A fun mommy moment indeed!
~lk
Comments