Random...

A few random thoughts from me today:

... Today is Superbowl Sunday. Well, where I live it will be Superbowl Monday. The game will start at 5.00a local time here. Will I get up to watch it? Likely not. I miss Superbowl parties. The ultimate junk food fest. Superbowl always makes me think of pizza, pigs in blankets, doritos... YUM. I suppose it's good that I'm not at a Superbowl party because none of those foods are food-diary-friendly and I definitely have not mastered the art of small portions yet. I miss the ads. The Superbowl is on TV here, but the American ads are not. So sad.

... I can't believe it's February already. February 5th actually! February is my favorite month... because it's my birthday month! I generally like to savor the month for all its worth. However, it's already gone by so quickly. Five days have just flown by! Well, here's to savoring the rest of the month. Looking forward to eating all the "Chocolate Total" cake from Vacs Bakery that I want on Tuesday, February 27. Mmm can't wait!

... Girls' Days Out are an absolute necessity in life. Libby, LaVonne and I had a delightful Girls Day Out on Saturday -- food, shopping and fun conversation. What a refreshing time. No children involved, so we were able to eat slowly, taste our food, and wander around stores that were abundant with breakable items without worrying. There should be more Girls Days Out in life.

... I need to write a Breakfast Cookbook. Or at least see if one exists. Or maybe just steal a Denny's/Bob Evans' menu... I just hosted some folks at the house for the last few days and had trouble thinking of creative breakfast options. Everything is basically the same... eggs (scrambled, fried, omelette, boiled, etc.), pancakes/waffles/french toast (all require syrup so are basically the same), bread products or pastry (toast, banana bread, scones)... There must be some more creative options. Must learn what they are.

Tired today. Looking forward to a 'normal' week. I know, I know you're thinking 'What's normal?" But any week that allows me to go to the gym every day and stick to the usual school schedule is considered normal. Hoping to revive my strength a bit before some incredibly high profile guests arrive from Feb 11th onward. Wow.

Happy Superbowl Monday.

~lk

Comments

Kris said…
Apple Chuba is a great breakfast item for company.

Heat oven to 375. Grease 13x9 pan. Mix 20 oz can apple pie filling, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1-1/2 cups Bisquick. Spread into pan. Sprinkle 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese and 1 pound of bacon crumbled on top. Beat 4 eggs and 1-1/2 cups milk and pour on top. Cook 30 to 35 minutes until a knife in the middle comes out clean.

Not diet friendly and sounds strange but it is yummy (just ask Pat)!

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections