Too Much
I think today is going to push me over the edge.
I cannot believe the amount of stress I am enduring today. Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable.
Today is one of those days that I want to crawl into a cave and never come out... Or at least just go to bed for about a week!
Usually I can handle 1-2 super stressful things at a time. Things that keep you up at night, things that make the pit of your stomach drop and gurgle. However, today has been one of those days where everything just piles up on top of each other. When one thing seems 'resolved', something else is right there behind it to ruin the delightful feeling of resolution.
Even as I am just blogging it has happened again!
Oh this day!
Ironically, last night in the book I'm reading, it was talking about how to help your children handle problems. Apparently my life today is the free lab / case study that magically comes with the book after you read that chapter. I cannot say that I'm handling these problems well, but I sure am getting the chance to put what I've been reading into practice.
I enjoyed the following quote which was supposed to encourage me... "Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones. And when you have finished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." ~ Victor Hugo
Go to sleep in peace. Yes, I definitely want to do that. Something that will help me do that tonight is the timely and wonderful email I got from my dear and lifelong friend Beth. Her words of encouragement today were just what I needed. The problems did not go away, but her email made me smile and find refreshment in the midst of it all.
And through it all, in my 'too much'... we know that God is enough. Yes, that is the 'spiritual' answer, but it is nonetheless true. God is enough to see me through even the most dreadful of circumstances. God is enough to show me the proper ways to cope, the proper ways to respond, the proper ways to let go and move on. It is good to know that today's 'too much' is definitely preparing me for a tomorrow in which I will need the strength and experience to make it through.
So in reality, today's 'too much' is just what I need for a better, more effective future. That doesn't make it easier in the present, however.
Today was too much. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
~lk
I cannot believe the amount of stress I am enduring today. Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable.
Today is one of those days that I want to crawl into a cave and never come out... Or at least just go to bed for about a week!
Usually I can handle 1-2 super stressful things at a time. Things that keep you up at night, things that make the pit of your stomach drop and gurgle. However, today has been one of those days where everything just piles up on top of each other. When one thing seems 'resolved', something else is right there behind it to ruin the delightful feeling of resolution.
Even as I am just blogging it has happened again!
Oh this day!
Ironically, last night in the book I'm reading, it was talking about how to help your children handle problems. Apparently my life today is the free lab / case study that magically comes with the book after you read that chapter. I cannot say that I'm handling these problems well, but I sure am getting the chance to put what I've been reading into practice.
I enjoyed the following quote which was supposed to encourage me... "Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones. And when you have finished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." ~ Victor Hugo
Go to sleep in peace. Yes, I definitely want to do that. Something that will help me do that tonight is the timely and wonderful email I got from my dear and lifelong friend Beth. Her words of encouragement today were just what I needed. The problems did not go away, but her email made me smile and find refreshment in the midst of it all.
And through it all, in my 'too much'... we know that God is enough. Yes, that is the 'spiritual' answer, but it is nonetheless true. God is enough to see me through even the most dreadful of circumstances. God is enough to show me the proper ways to cope, the proper ways to respond, the proper ways to let go and move on. It is good to know that today's 'too much' is definitely preparing me for a tomorrow in which I will need the strength and experience to make it through.
So in reality, today's 'too much' is just what I need for a better, more effective future. That doesn't make it easier in the present, however.
Today was too much. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
~lk
Comments
I was studying Isaiah 40 last night and tonight I'll pray those promises for you - that you'll be filled with God's strength that will keep you going.