All in a Day
As often happens to bloggers, I have nothing profound to say today. I don't want to write a ranting and complaining blog entry (believe me... I have lots of rants inside me at the moment, but I don't think anyone really wants to hear them... that wouldn't be good for you or for me), and so to keep up my habit of writing, I'm just going to tell you about my day.
It was a relatively good day. Although a bit tension filled as a couple of work items were just too much for me to take emotionally. But all in all I am in peace at the moment and think I should be able to sleep well tonight... that is, if I can ever actually make it into the bed!
I woke up at 6.55a this morning after hitting my alarm 4 times. Claire came into my room to wake me up as she does every morning. She quickly noted that her pink nightgown was 'matching matching' to the jammie pants I had on. Oh, the sweetness of a child in the morning. That's enough to bring a smile to even the most tired mother's face.
We had breakfast (cornflakes with a banana and milk + coffee) and then we headed out the door to school. The kids have recently taken to bringing a coloring book in the car with them for our morning car journey. It is delightful because they are quiet and happy the entire 30 minute drive. Again, that is definitely enough to bring a smile to even this tired mother's face.
I went to the gym for an abbreviated 45-minute workout on the elliptical. Had to cut it short today because I had to make it to an 11.00a meeting over at 'the campus'. Wished I could've had longer, but it just couldn't happen today. I weighed myself and there is still no weight loss. I haven't changed anything about my diet or exercise routine, but I've been plateaued for a while. I think that means I need to shake things up a bit and either eat less (what!?! that's not possible!!) or exercise more (OK... that I can do). Last week 3 of the 6 workout days I did 90 mins instead of 60 mins. I will have to continue that next week.
Had a LONG meeting... 11.00a-4.00p. Thankfully I was not required to pay full attention during the entire meeting, so I got a bit of work done and some emails answered. Again, I'm hoping to catch up Saturday night and Sunday on some editing work that's been plaguing the bottom of my inbox for weeks. I need 1) time and ; 2) a clear head. Neither of which I have had lately.
Rushed home to make dinner - spaghetti, peas/corn, bread/butter and fruit salad - while waiting for friends Scott and Donna to join us. Got Claire ready for bed while fielding phone calls and emails from a variety of countries around the world for one very urgent project.
Watched American Idol. Boring except for Melinda and Lakiesha ... and of course it's always interesting to see what Sanjaya will do. Poor guy.
Then Clark to bed... then work... then blog....then feed dogs... Oh, special thanks to Donna for washing the dinner dishes for me tonight so I don't have to do that also right now. What a blessing!
And now hopefully bed.
Goodnight everyone. Goodnight.
~lk
It was a relatively good day. Although a bit tension filled as a couple of work items were just too much for me to take emotionally. But all in all I am in peace at the moment and think I should be able to sleep well tonight... that is, if I can ever actually make it into the bed!
I woke up at 6.55a this morning after hitting my alarm 4 times. Claire came into my room to wake me up as she does every morning. She quickly noted that her pink nightgown was 'matching matching' to the jammie pants I had on. Oh, the sweetness of a child in the morning. That's enough to bring a smile to even the most tired mother's face.
We had breakfast (cornflakes with a banana and milk + coffee) and then we headed out the door to school. The kids have recently taken to bringing a coloring book in the car with them for our morning car journey. It is delightful because they are quiet and happy the entire 30 minute drive. Again, that is definitely enough to bring a smile to even this tired mother's face.
I went to the gym for an abbreviated 45-minute workout on the elliptical. Had to cut it short today because I had to make it to an 11.00a meeting over at 'the campus'. Wished I could've had longer, but it just couldn't happen today. I weighed myself and there is still no weight loss. I haven't changed anything about my diet or exercise routine, but I've been plateaued for a while. I think that means I need to shake things up a bit and either eat less (what!?! that's not possible!!) or exercise more (OK... that I can do). Last week 3 of the 6 workout days I did 90 mins instead of 60 mins. I will have to continue that next week.
Had a LONG meeting... 11.00a-4.00p. Thankfully I was not required to pay full attention during the entire meeting, so I got a bit of work done and some emails answered. Again, I'm hoping to catch up Saturday night and Sunday on some editing work that's been plaguing the bottom of my inbox for weeks. I need 1) time and ; 2) a clear head. Neither of which I have had lately.
Rushed home to make dinner - spaghetti, peas/corn, bread/butter and fruit salad - while waiting for friends Scott and Donna to join us. Got Claire ready for bed while fielding phone calls and emails from a variety of countries around the world for one very urgent project.
Watched American Idol. Boring except for Melinda and Lakiesha ... and of course it's always interesting to see what Sanjaya will do. Poor guy.
Then Clark to bed... then work... then blog....then feed dogs... Oh, special thanks to Donna for washing the dinner dishes for me tonight so I don't have to do that also right now. What a blessing!
And now hopefully bed.
Goodnight everyone. Goodnight.
~lk
Comments