At the Prompt

God loves me so much!

I just cannot believe at times how much God loves me. How do I know?

Well, today I know that God loves me because in the midst of my 'Volcano' of a day (see 3 posts back...), He prompted three people to pray for me and then ask me how I was doing, even before knowing that I had been having a lousy day. Three separate people, none of whom know each other, emailed me to say they had been feeling a heavy burden to pray for me in the last week and wanted me to know they were 'covering' me in that way.

What a special blessing to me that was! God knew I was going to need extra emotional support. God knew that the last week... well, the last 2 months actually... have not been easy. God knew that my energy tanks have been on 'dangerously low'. And so he chose three faithful people to prompt to intercede on my behalf. Wow. God loves me so much.

I often feel prompted to remember others in this way. The still, small voice of the Holy Spirit whispers in my ear the name of someone I haven't thought of in such a long time... or God brings to mind someone in the middle of the night... or suddenly I have the overwhelming urge to phone or email some encouraging words.

I try my best to follow these promptings because I am certain they are from the Lord. I usually have no idea what comes from my prayers. No clue what that person might have been going through. But I pray. Asking God to bless them, or strengthen them, or give them whatever it is they need at that very moment to make it through. I am thankful for that quiet and secret way to serve others. And today I am thankful that others served me in much the same way.

God loves me so much! And He also loves you.

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections