Bread
Would you believe that I made bread today?
Well, that would not be 100% accurate.
My friend Donna taught me how to make bread... and because we couldn't figure out how to use the local yeast, it took three days to make one loaf.
But yes, I have the basics down now and am hoping to give it another go soon. I am notoriously bad with yeast. I have only ever been able to successfully make bread in the bread machine that I think my sister-in-law now owns. Of course it is not good for the food diary to have a lot of bread around the house. Although if I make my own bread, at least I can control what goes into it and hopefully cut down on the calories.
So, until the next time, I will dream of that delicious bread-baking-in-the-house smell. Mmmm. Sheer delight.
~lk
Well, that would not be 100% accurate.
My friend Donna taught me how to make bread... and because we couldn't figure out how to use the local yeast, it took three days to make one loaf.
But yes, I have the basics down now and am hoping to give it another go soon. I am notoriously bad with yeast. I have only ever been able to successfully make bread in the bread machine that I think my sister-in-law now owns. Of course it is not good for the food diary to have a lot of bread around the house. Although if I make my own bread, at least I can control what goes into it and hopefully cut down on the calories.
So, until the next time, I will dream of that delicious bread-baking-in-the-house smell. Mmmm. Sheer delight.
~lk
Comments