Drooling now...

Thank you, THANK YOU Kris, for the inspiration for the following recipe. I think this makes my top ten all time list. Amazingly tasty and very food diary friendly. Here is my adaptation of a delicious dessert and/or snack.

**Cinnamon Chips and Fruit Salsa**

4-5 Whole wheat, fat free tortillas (or, in my case chapathis!)
Pam cooking spray (regular or butter flavor)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 teaspoons sugar
1 apple, diced into really small pieces
1 cup strawberries, diced into really small pieces
1 kiwi, diced into really small pieces
Juice of 1 lemon

FOR CHIPS
Spray tortillas with Pam. Cut each tortilla into 8 triangle shapes (like pieces of pizza or pie). Spread in a single layer on cookie sheet.

Combine cinnamon and 2 teaspoons of the sugar. Sprinkle tortillas with mixture. Spray again lightly with the Pam.

Put tortillas in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.

FOR SALSA
While tortillas are baking, combine fruit, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Refrigerate.

When chips are done and salsa is chilled, eat and ENJOY!

Makes 4-6 servings. Approximately 150-200 calories per 8-10 chip serving.

~lk

Comments

Lisa said…
MMM. That sounds so fresh and yummy. And pretty easy to make. Thanks for sharing!
Courtney O. said…
ooo, we have a recipie just like this one and I LOVE IT! Thanks for reminding me! I'll make it next week when brent's out of town, so I can enjoy it after the kids go to bed!!!
Kris said…
Your welcome Leah! I just got the chance to make this myself tonight. I mashed a ripe banana instead of strawberries and folded the apple and kiwi into it and used Splenda. Yummy! 2 servings of fresh fruit and only 80 extra calories for a low-carb whole wheat tortilla.

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections