It is Risen; It is Risen Indeed!
Thought you might like a little update about my bread-making capabilities....
After the three-day bread fiasco last week, I thought it was time to try it again, this time on my own, but following Donna's carefully written out instructions.
AND IT WORKED!!!
After the first kneading (in the Kitchenaid Mixer of course) the dough rose to about 3 times its original volume. Then I punched it down, shaped it, put it in the pans for a second rise... and it worked again... and then it rose even more when it baked. Woo hoo!!!
So now I have two BEAUTIFUL loaves of homemade wheat bread - one to eat now, one that's already in the freezer for Kevin to sample when he comes home this weekend.
I can't believe it actually worked. And, with the Kitchenaid mixer, I can't believe how truly easy it was. Seriously, it was amazingly easy.
I am completely impressed with myself. Can you tell??
~lk
After the three-day bread fiasco last week, I thought it was time to try it again, this time on my own, but following Donna's carefully written out instructions.
AND IT WORKED!!!
After the first kneading (in the Kitchenaid Mixer of course) the dough rose to about 3 times its original volume. Then I punched it down, shaped it, put it in the pans for a second rise... and it worked again... and then it rose even more when it baked. Woo hoo!!!
So now I have two BEAUTIFUL loaves of homemade wheat bread - one to eat now, one that's already in the freezer for Kevin to sample when he comes home this weekend.
I can't believe it actually worked. And, with the Kitchenaid mixer, I can't believe how truly easy it was. Seriously, it was amazingly easy.
I am completely impressed with myself. Can you tell??
~lk
Comments
Way to knead!!
Unless, you have already partaken of your wonderful masterpiece.
Maybe there is hope for this scaredy cat. I have two packets of yeast just collecting dust on my baking rack.
Congratulations!
Great post title! My first thought was, "What? It's not Easter?, What?"
If you want to play along, I "tagged" you for a fun little birthday exercise.
Enjoy the fruit of your labor!!