Bake Shop

Yes, that's right, I'm at it again.

It's become a fun Sunday afternoon activity... seeing what delightful things I can make now that I know how to use yeast.

Today it was dinner rolls and bagels! YUM

I have been dying to try making dinner rolls similar to the ones my great-grandmother used to make for all our family gatherings. I should really ask my aunt for the recipe, but I just used my own bread recipe (whole wheat...) and then crafted the rolls in my cupcake pan in the most logical way I knew how to match GG's tasty treats. I think I succeeded! Next time I will make them with white bread and will make them slightly bigger. Then I will have found a perfect match.

The bagels were not quite right, but not a complete disaster either. They are smaller and do not contain any milk or eggs, so their calorie count will be much lower. I made 8 bagels - 4 plain whole wheat, 2 sesame seed, and 2 chocolate chip for the kids. Planning on having a sesame seed bagel with low-cal/no sugar added cherry jam for my breakfast. It'll be SO delicious and approximately 150 calories. YUM.

Can't wait to see what we make next week!

~lk

Comments

The SC Elwarts said…
I guess Thanksgiving's at your place. We'll bring the chocolate milk. :)

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections