Catching Up
Somehow I have missed out updating you on the books I've finished thus far in 2007. So here's a little re-cap.
Book 7: "Now, Discover Your Strengths" by Marcus Buckingham and Donald Clifton.
You've read my entries about my strengths, etc., and this is the book that the Gallup Organization published in conjunction with that strengths inventory. I really liked this book and took quite a few notes while reading and plan to post a few thoughts on my bulletin board so I remember them.
Book 8: "The Secrets of Skinny Chicks" by Karen Bridson
Yes, I know, this book sounds ridiculous. However, I absolutely LOVE this book and will be implementing its 50 principles into my every day food diary lifestyle. It was amazingly encouraging and realistic. Eleven more pounds and I then I will label myself a 'skinny chick'...
Book 9: "Silos, Politics and Turf Wars" by Patrick Lencioni
Another of Kevin's books on Leadership and Management. This one recommended to me by my life coach as I wade through a variety of issues in my professional life. Also of note, Lencioni spoke at the Willow Creek Leadership Summit in years past.
Book 10: "Step on a Crack" by James Patterson
My favorite 'fast read' author. This book was very clean (a departure from his usual) and had a secondary plot which was quite touching. I'm hoping Patterson brings this main character back in more books as it would be interesting to see him developed further.
In the midst of Book 11 right now and Kevin's bringing me 2 new ones from the USA that should be fun to read as well...
~lk
Book 7: "Now, Discover Your Strengths" by Marcus Buckingham and Donald Clifton.
You've read my entries about my strengths, etc., and this is the book that the Gallup Organization published in conjunction with that strengths inventory. I really liked this book and took quite a few notes while reading and plan to post a few thoughts on my bulletin board so I remember them.
Book 8: "The Secrets of Skinny Chicks" by Karen Bridson
Yes, I know, this book sounds ridiculous. However, I absolutely LOVE this book and will be implementing its 50 principles into my every day food diary lifestyle. It was amazingly encouraging and realistic. Eleven more pounds and I then I will label myself a 'skinny chick'...
Book 9: "Silos, Politics and Turf Wars" by Patrick Lencioni
Another of Kevin's books on Leadership and Management. This one recommended to me by my life coach as I wade through a variety of issues in my professional life. Also of note, Lencioni spoke at the Willow Creek Leadership Summit in years past.
Book 10: "Step on a Crack" by James Patterson
My favorite 'fast read' author. This book was very clean (a departure from his usual) and had a secondary plot which was quite touching. I'm hoping Patterson brings this main character back in more books as it would be interesting to see him developed further.
In the midst of Book 11 right now and Kevin's bringing me 2 new ones from the USA that should be fun to read as well...
~lk
Comments