Blueberries for Leah
Several months ago during Tuesday Morning Football, our friend Ben mentioned that his wife had made blueberry muffins that morning. Blueberry muffins? How could that be? There are no blueberries in India! Apparently, she had used dried blueberries which she re-constituted in water and then used as fresh. Brilliant!
Thus, on my recent trip to England, I bought several packs of dried blueberries... and guess what?!? It worked! I made blueberry muffins a couple of days ago and this morning, Kevin enjoyed a stack of warm and delicious blueberry pancakes.
I can't believe I never thought of doing this before. And of course now I'm simply addicted to the idea of cooking with blueberries. However! We cannot get even dried blueberries here where we live. Notice I said 'addicted to the idea of *cooking* with blueberries'. I did not say 'eating' blueberries. I'm not really a blueberry fan, but they are definitely fun to cook with and Kevin really, really likes them. They make everything look more cheerful and exciting.
So! If you're looking for something to stuff into a bubble envelope and send to me, make it dried blueberries! I guarantee they will be greatly enjoyed!
~lk
Thus, on my recent trip to England, I bought several packs of dried blueberries... and guess what?!? It worked! I made blueberry muffins a couple of days ago and this morning, Kevin enjoyed a stack of warm and delicious blueberry pancakes.
I can't believe I never thought of doing this before. And of course now I'm simply addicted to the idea of cooking with blueberries. However! We cannot get even dried blueberries here where we live. Notice I said 'addicted to the idea of *cooking* with blueberries'. I did not say 'eating' blueberries. I'm not really a blueberry fan, but they are definitely fun to cook with and Kevin really, really likes them. They make everything look more cheerful and exciting.
So! If you're looking for something to stuff into a bubble envelope and send to me, make it dried blueberries! I guarantee they will be greatly enjoyed!
~lk
Comments