Life as we know it...
Life as we know it... is busy!
I hate the term 'busy' about life, but sometimes it's just the best descriptive term. I strongly believe that each of us chooses what we want to do and what we don't want to do. But sometimes all the things we want to do just pile up and up and up! I was making a 'to do' list today and instead of titling it 'To Do', I labeled it 'Must Do' which means that I have no intention of actually listing out all the things I have 'to do' today or tomorrow or this week or this month or this year.... but for today, before I sleep, I 'must do' this and this and this. There are four things on that list. It is midnight. None of them are done yet. Must have another cup of coffee.
Life as we know it... is abundant!
Right at this very moment in time I am struck with the fact of how abundant my life is. I am blessed beyond measure. I have the support of a wonderful family - husband, children, parents, brother, in-laws. I have the support of a few very good friends. I have everything I need and so much more. I have a freezer full of Starbucks beans. I have a great (although exhausting) life calling and career. I have a God who loves me. I have such very good health. Actually, maybe 'abundant' doesn't even start to describe my life. I am so very thankful.
Life as we know it... is not easy!
There are so many complications in life. So many problems that are not easy to solve. Dealing with people and building relationships takes a very special amount of personal effort... the kind of effort that does not come easily for me. The amount of work that I have committed myself to do is overwhelming at times. What I wouldn't give to have a whole week of vacation with no 'in box' to worry about. The practical difficulties of living in a two-thirds world nation are not always fun and sometimes wear me down. Thinking about the future and what my role will be in life and in the world is frightening.
Life as we know it... is generally the same for everyone.
Although each of us has our own unique victories and our own unique difficulties, all of us generally struggle and rejoice in the same areas. Work, family, finances, health, parenting, etc., etc. The list goes on and on. I am always astounded again and again when I get to spend time just talking with someone and discover how much we have in common and how much we can support one another in this journey we call life. I have made a renewed personal commitment to work on building relationships -- picking up the phone instead of sending an email; taking the time to invite people over for dinner instead of just having the best of intentions; acting immediately upon the prompting to pray for someone or to encourage someone. We're all in the same battle. I am committed as much as I am able to living it together with others. Can I do it? I don't know, but I'm going to try.
Life as we know it... good or bad, is that which builds our character and propels us forward. Today I want to live my life to the fullest and to the glory of my loving, compassionate, grace-filled Creator.
~lk
I hate the term 'busy' about life, but sometimes it's just the best descriptive term. I strongly believe that each of us chooses what we want to do and what we don't want to do. But sometimes all the things we want to do just pile up and up and up! I was making a 'to do' list today and instead of titling it 'To Do', I labeled it 'Must Do' which means that I have no intention of actually listing out all the things I have 'to do' today or tomorrow or this week or this month or this year.... but for today, before I sleep, I 'must do' this and this and this. There are four things on that list. It is midnight. None of them are done yet. Must have another cup of coffee.
Life as we know it... is abundant!
Right at this very moment in time I am struck with the fact of how abundant my life is. I am blessed beyond measure. I have the support of a wonderful family - husband, children, parents, brother, in-laws. I have the support of a few very good friends. I have everything I need and so much more. I have a freezer full of Starbucks beans. I have a great (although exhausting) life calling and career. I have a God who loves me. I have such very good health. Actually, maybe 'abundant' doesn't even start to describe my life. I am so very thankful.
Life as we know it... is not easy!
There are so many complications in life. So many problems that are not easy to solve. Dealing with people and building relationships takes a very special amount of personal effort... the kind of effort that does not come easily for me. The amount of work that I have committed myself to do is overwhelming at times. What I wouldn't give to have a whole week of vacation with no 'in box' to worry about. The practical difficulties of living in a two-thirds world nation are not always fun and sometimes wear me down. Thinking about the future and what my role will be in life and in the world is frightening.
Life as we know it... is generally the same for everyone.
Although each of us has our own unique victories and our own unique difficulties, all of us generally struggle and rejoice in the same areas. Work, family, finances, health, parenting, etc., etc. The list goes on and on. I am always astounded again and again when I get to spend time just talking with someone and discover how much we have in common and how much we can support one another in this journey we call life. I have made a renewed personal commitment to work on building relationships -- picking up the phone instead of sending an email; taking the time to invite people over for dinner instead of just having the best of intentions; acting immediately upon the prompting to pray for someone or to encourage someone. We're all in the same battle. I am committed as much as I am able to living it together with others. Can I do it? I don't know, but I'm going to try.
Life as we know it... good or bad, is that which builds our character and propels us forward. Today I want to live my life to the fullest and to the glory of my loving, compassionate, grace-filled Creator.
~lk
Comments
Ah yes, a freezer full of coffee beans - a good thing.
Can relate to your post. Being intent in the way we live. Not missing those important moments and all that He wants to share with us.
Thanks for sharing.