Thankful

Today I am thankful for...

...the monsoon clouds that have rolled into town bringing with them delightfully cooler temperatures and the beloved rain of June.

...my beautiful daughter Claire who turned four yesterday. For her smile, her curly blonde hair, her love for Jesus, and her 'full throttle' attitude.

...French Open tennis action!

...the lovely, plump black cherries I found in the bazaar on Saturday... and the delicious black cherry ice cream I've made with them that will taste ever so yummy tomorrow and the next day! (made 2 small servings of 1/3 cup each...!)

...my friend Lisa who is and has always been and proabably always will be my 'Barnabas'.

...my friend Katie who took the initiative to google me and get back in touch after so many years.

...chocolate soy lattes!

...a God who encourages me when I need it; even if that means struggling through the hard times to find the 'good stuff' at the end of it all -- which of course would not have been so 'good' if I would not have had to struggle.

...enough water to do laundry and the dishes today!

...days when someone else washes my dishes...

... getting to cook for 18 people for Claire's birthday party and having every dish turn out the way I wanted and on time... even though I was cooking Indian food!

...lots of leftovers from Claire's birthday party dinner so we don't have to cook lunch or dinner for several days :)

... this blog which allows me to express myself in writing, even if it's not as serious or literary or inspiring as other people's blogs. At least it gives me joy.

I hope you are also thankful for something great today.

~lk

Comments

Kim G. said…
Happy Birthday Claire! Great to be reading your posts again. :)
Courtney O. said…
not long ago we started asking our kids what they were thankful for at the end of each day... it's been a great way to help me remain thankful as well. I enjoyed reading this post and hearing what you're thankful for.

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day