Tonight
Tonight I had to cover my son's textbooks. Remember covering textbooks? The last time I did that was in high school. I used brown paper bags, as opposed to the fancy book covers my friends used. However, the paper bags seemed to last longer and just looked better in my locker. My son's school provided clear plastic wrapping paper with which to cover his First Grade books... Not easy to cover books with, clear plastic wrapping paper! However, after trying several different methods, I (mostly) successfully covered his 3 English books, 1 Science book, 1 computer book and 1 school diary. I think there will be more to come, but thankfully the school must have anticipated my ineptitude at covering books and only gave me a few to start.
Tonight I did three loads of laundry. Yesterday I also did three loads of laundry. I'm not sure where all these clothes are coming from. There are only four of us in this house and yet it seems I'm always doing two to three loads of laundry every day. Granted, our laundry machine is about half the size of one in the US, so that could be part of the anomaly. I was thankful this evening, though, as I was folding the finally dry laundry from yesterday. I was thankful because it was DRY. During monsoon season it takes forever for clothes to dry outside. The crazy thought has been running through my brain of finding out exactly what it would mean here to get a clothes dryer. I think they exist, but I have no idea how much they cost, where we would put one, or what kind of electricity it would use. Just a thought. Ran through my brain... then ran out.
Tonight I did NOT watch Wimbledon. The middle Sunday is always the rest day. It rained out most of the play yesterday, so tomorrow's schedule is packed full with all the stars. Sania Mirza plays mixed doubles with Indian great Mahesh Bhupati. That should be interesting. If they end up winning the doubles title (which they will not, but one can always dream), this country will go absolutely crazy. And that is not an understatement. Crazy.
Tonight Clark did his first homework assignment for his new school. Five pages of Drawing and English homework. Not too bad. He always has a bit of trouble sitting still to get all his homework done, and so tonight's deal was if he sat and did his homework straight through without stopping and/or complaining and/or needing to be prompted to keep going, that he could watch one cartoon before going to bed. Praise God he did it. Tomorrow we're going to the store to buy poster board and gold stars and other stickers to make a chart at home to track his behavior at school. For every day he does not get sent to the 'punishment chair' at school, he gets a gold star. For every 5 gold stars he'll get some kind of a treat. Not sure if that will be food, an activity, a cartoon, or a gift... but hopefully we can work toward the satisfaction of a job well done. However, something tells me that's not going to work quite this early.
Tonight it is 10.17p and I'm going to go to bed early. *That* is a huge treat in and of itself. It's going to be a killer week, so I need all the rest I can get.
Tonight... was good.
~lk
Tonight I did three loads of laundry. Yesterday I also did three loads of laundry. I'm not sure where all these clothes are coming from. There are only four of us in this house and yet it seems I'm always doing two to three loads of laundry every day. Granted, our laundry machine is about half the size of one in the US, so that could be part of the anomaly. I was thankful this evening, though, as I was folding the finally dry laundry from yesterday. I was thankful because it was DRY. During monsoon season it takes forever for clothes to dry outside. The crazy thought has been running through my brain of finding out exactly what it would mean here to get a clothes dryer. I think they exist, but I have no idea how much they cost, where we would put one, or what kind of electricity it would use. Just a thought. Ran through my brain... then ran out.
Tonight I did NOT watch Wimbledon. The middle Sunday is always the rest day. It rained out most of the play yesterday, so tomorrow's schedule is packed full with all the stars. Sania Mirza plays mixed doubles with Indian great Mahesh Bhupati. That should be interesting. If they end up winning the doubles title (which they will not, but one can always dream), this country will go absolutely crazy. And that is not an understatement. Crazy.
Tonight Clark did his first homework assignment for his new school. Five pages of Drawing and English homework. Not too bad. He always has a bit of trouble sitting still to get all his homework done, and so tonight's deal was if he sat and did his homework straight through without stopping and/or complaining and/or needing to be prompted to keep going, that he could watch one cartoon before going to bed. Praise God he did it. Tomorrow we're going to the store to buy poster board and gold stars and other stickers to make a chart at home to track his behavior at school. For every day he does not get sent to the 'punishment chair' at school, he gets a gold star. For every 5 gold stars he'll get some kind of a treat. Not sure if that will be food, an activity, a cartoon, or a gift... but hopefully we can work toward the satisfaction of a job well done. However, something tells me that's not going to work quite this early.
Tonight it is 10.17p and I'm going to go to bed early. *That* is a huge treat in and of itself. It's going to be a killer week, so I need all the rest I can get.
Tonight... was good.
~lk
Comments