Apology

We have been trying very hard to stress with our children the great importance of saying 'sorry' when you do something wrong, offend someone, hurt someone, or in any other way do something you really should not have done.

Today I learned that it is sinking in a little bit.

After punishing Claire by putting her in her room on her bed with the door shut to be quiet for a few minutes after she was screaming and crying out of control and whining and arguing with her brother on every point, I went in to release her from her imprisonment.

When I asked her, 'What do you have to say?' she replied with a most contrite look on her face...

"Sorry, mama, for being so demanding."

Oh brother. Who could resist that?!?

May we all learn to be a little less demanding... or at least say 'sorry' when we are.

~lk

Comments

The SC Elwarts said…
Man! We are going through the same thing (being so emotional & "demanding" with Ryan) with Lauren. I was hoping it would get better with age. Oh well. I guess the sin nature never goes away.
Kris said…
We too are beginning to see some of this. It is the times when I feel like a complete failure as a parent because all I do is corral, correct, and cajole that my kids will shoot back with something like "I'm sorry mom for disobeying" and I think well maybe we're getting something right after all.

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day