Hello
Some random thoughts for you today... after a long time.
1. My new daily pleasure is my 11am cold coffee. Mmm it is delightful. 1 1/2 cups of espresso with 1/4 cup of chocolate soy milk. 38 calories of pure coffee deliciousness! And new on the coffee front, my friend Mona recently returned a french press I had loaned to her on 'permanent borrow' 'til she got her own coffee maker. I think I'm going to start trying to use that instead of buying my own coffee maker for now. We'll see how that works out. I drank several cups of plain black coffee from Starbucks ('Americano'!) while on a recent trip to the USA, so maybe I'm ready for a cup or two of black coffee now every day.
2. I have been saddened by the Utah mine tragedy. I want to add mining to my list of things that I think we should all boycott. However, I know it is a viable industry that employs so many people. Is there any way we could get technology to do all the mining so that people don't actually have to go in the mines and risk their lives? It just seems that there have been more mine accidents recently. Or, maybe television and the internet have just brought more accidents to our attention. Anyway, there must be something we can do to protect these people who definitely need the income received from mining... but also need to live.
3. Speaking of 'living'... Clark gave a speech at a school program yesterday about the dangers of smoking. He dressed up as a cigarette and proudly proclaimed that smoking causes cancer and is 'injurious to health' (yes, his words!). The teacher said that while the other children took teacher-written scripts home to memorize for their own speeches, Clark insisted on writing/creating his own script and so she let him. Apparently he has his mother's love of public speaking and of flying by the seat of his pants. He did well and was very cute. 'Please stop smoking!'
4. I have officially cleaned my office! Like total heavy duty cleaning that has left me feeling wonderful. I even took the fax machine off my desk ... the broken fax machine that was doing absolutely nothing but collecting dust. Next is the photo printer which still works, but is used so infrequently that I must put it somewhere else instead of on the desk next to me where it tortures my psyche every day in its cluttering presence. I am also tackling all the shredding that must be done -- nearly finished with that... and then out goes the big red garbage can that has been sitting here doing nothing except holding the gigantic shredding pile.
All for now. More posts later.
~lk
1. My new daily pleasure is my 11am cold coffee. Mmm it is delightful. 1 1/2 cups of espresso with 1/4 cup of chocolate soy milk. 38 calories of pure coffee deliciousness! And new on the coffee front, my friend Mona recently returned a french press I had loaned to her on 'permanent borrow' 'til she got her own coffee maker. I think I'm going to start trying to use that instead of buying my own coffee maker for now. We'll see how that works out. I drank several cups of plain black coffee from Starbucks ('Americano'!) while on a recent trip to the USA, so maybe I'm ready for a cup or two of black coffee now every day.
2. I have been saddened by the Utah mine tragedy. I want to add mining to my list of things that I think we should all boycott. However, I know it is a viable industry that employs so many people. Is there any way we could get technology to do all the mining so that people don't actually have to go in the mines and risk their lives? It just seems that there have been more mine accidents recently. Or, maybe television and the internet have just brought more accidents to our attention. Anyway, there must be something we can do to protect these people who definitely need the income received from mining... but also need to live.
3. Speaking of 'living'... Clark gave a speech at a school program yesterday about the dangers of smoking. He dressed up as a cigarette and proudly proclaimed that smoking causes cancer and is 'injurious to health' (yes, his words!). The teacher said that while the other children took teacher-written scripts home to memorize for their own speeches, Clark insisted on writing/creating his own script and so she let him. Apparently he has his mother's love of public speaking and of flying by the seat of his pants. He did well and was very cute. 'Please stop smoking!'
4. I have officially cleaned my office! Like total heavy duty cleaning that has left me feeling wonderful. I even took the fax machine off my desk ... the broken fax machine that was doing absolutely nothing but collecting dust. Next is the photo printer which still works, but is used so infrequently that I must put it somewhere else instead of on the desk next to me where it tortures my psyche every day in its cluttering presence. I am also tackling all the shredding that must be done -- nearly finished with that... and then out goes the big red garbage can that has been sitting here doing nothing except holding the gigantic shredding pile.
All for now. More posts later.
~lk
Comments