Ideas
I need some of you out there to give me some ideas, please.
I am having such great difficulty stopping myself from snacking. It has not yet affected my overall food diary plan -- other than the extreme emotional trauma it is causing me. However, I know that if I don't get this part of my eating life under control that it will pack the pounds back on. Something I *definitely* do NOT want to happen.
Most often, like I'm sure is the same for most of you, the 'munchies' strike at night after I've consumed all my 'allowed' calories for the entire day. There should be no more eating. I am not necessarily hungry. I just want to eat. I love eating, afterall. I've often asked myself 'Why do I want to eat?' The answer is plain and simple - because I want to! I just love to eat :) It makes me happy.
But (!) I must stop the mindless eating, the snacking, the desire to just chew and chew and take delight in the food.
So I need help. I need ideas.
What can I do to stop myself from eating? What can I do to replace the urge to eat? I have all the books that say to brush your teeth, drink water, keep your hands busy, etc. However, none of that works for me. I need some real life practical advice from all of you, my faithful fans, as to what I can do to stop myself from eating.
Please help me! I want to make my goal weight sometime this century!
~lk
I am having such great difficulty stopping myself from snacking. It has not yet affected my overall food diary plan -- other than the extreme emotional trauma it is causing me. However, I know that if I don't get this part of my eating life under control that it will pack the pounds back on. Something I *definitely* do NOT want to happen.
Most often, like I'm sure is the same for most of you, the 'munchies' strike at night after I've consumed all my 'allowed' calories for the entire day. There should be no more eating. I am not necessarily hungry. I just want to eat. I love eating, afterall. I've often asked myself 'Why do I want to eat?' The answer is plain and simple - because I want to! I just love to eat :) It makes me happy.
But (!) I must stop the mindless eating, the snacking, the desire to just chew and chew and take delight in the food.
So I need help. I need ideas.
What can I do to stop myself from eating? What can I do to replace the urge to eat? I have all the books that say to brush your teeth, drink water, keep your hands busy, etc. However, none of that works for me. I need some real life practical advice from all of you, my faithful fans, as to what I can do to stop myself from eating.
Please help me! I want to make my goal weight sometime this century!
~lk
Comments
Something like crochet, needlepoint . . something that you don't want to get food all over - (unless of course you are crocheting a dishrag . . . Oh dear, I'm not much help.)