Jam
I love Monday traffic!
The traffic in our city is completely out of control. It seems that any which way the unsuspecting motorist turns, she is met with highways packed to the overflowing with cars, trucks, busses, motorbikes, pedestrians... and of course the occasional water buffalo, goat, dog, cow or wild boar. The incredible shrinking roads of our city have caused unimaginable amounts of road rage and have thrown everyone's travel plans into complete chaos.
As the mother of two children, I am typically on the road -- yes these nearly impassable roads -- for several hours every day... Driving Clark to the bus stop. Driving Claire to school. Driving to the gym. Driving home from the gym. Driving to the store. Driving to Claire's afternoon bus stop. Picking Clark up again in the afternoon. Whew! It is a nightmare of epic proportions at times, driving me to tears, anger, frustration, apathy, and extreme exhaustion.
However! I have discovered my favorite driving day of the entire week... it is MONDAY! Logically, one would think that Monday would not be a good day for traffic... grumpy people on the roads not happy to be going back to work after having a fabulous weekend of playing and relaxing (or at least that is the theory)... But apparently here in this heavy-traffic infested city, Monday is the day when people decide to go into work late... or not go into work at all. Or at least stay out of my way on the roads so that I can enjoy a free-flowing drive during my morning routine.
So today I am overwhelmingly thankful for Mondays. In my opinion, definitely the best driving day of the entire week.
~lk
The traffic in our city is completely out of control. It seems that any which way the unsuspecting motorist turns, she is met with highways packed to the overflowing with cars, trucks, busses, motorbikes, pedestrians... and of course the occasional water buffalo, goat, dog, cow or wild boar. The incredible shrinking roads of our city have caused unimaginable amounts of road rage and have thrown everyone's travel plans into complete chaos.
As the mother of two children, I am typically on the road -- yes these nearly impassable roads -- for several hours every day... Driving Clark to the bus stop. Driving Claire to school. Driving to the gym. Driving home from the gym. Driving to the store. Driving to Claire's afternoon bus stop. Picking Clark up again in the afternoon. Whew! It is a nightmare of epic proportions at times, driving me to tears, anger, frustration, apathy, and extreme exhaustion.
However! I have discovered my favorite driving day of the entire week... it is MONDAY! Logically, one would think that Monday would not be a good day for traffic... grumpy people on the roads not happy to be going back to work after having a fabulous weekend of playing and relaxing (or at least that is the theory)... But apparently here in this heavy-traffic infested city, Monday is the day when people decide to go into work late... or not go into work at all. Or at least stay out of my way on the roads so that I can enjoy a free-flowing drive during my morning routine.
So today I am overwhelmingly thankful for Mondays. In my opinion, definitely the best driving day of the entire week.
~lk
Comments