A Little Fruity

So my new favorite dessert (well, aside from ice cream, chocolate cake or cookies... !) is a delightful combination of fruits that I have recently 'discovered'.

1 small apple + 1/3 c pommegranite seeds + 1/3 c kiwi fruit = 114 calories

I started eating apple with pom seeds a couple years ago when my boss' wife fed that combo to me along with the requisite cup of chai. It was the time of year when local apples were abundant - but a little on the mushy side and not my first choice of fruit. However, when mixed with the pom seeds, the whole thing took on a new delicious life of its own and I was hooked.

Recently, we've had a ton of kiwi fruit in our markets here and I desperately wanted to eat them -- after all, it looks cool to eat them :) So I decided to add the kiwi to my apple/pom mix. And, boy let me tell you what a great treat! Now I eat that whenever I want a fruity dessert -- good for me, generally OK on the calorie count, and really filling.

Overall a delightful find!

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day