YUM
Yesterday I mentioned a new pancake recipe I was going to try.... and I tried it this morning and loved it!
Warning, this recipe is not for everyone - I'm sure some people will think it is too oat-y or crunch-y or health-y. But I loved it. I ate one big pancake with a banana sliced on top (no syrup). The total calorie count for this breakfast was 290 calories. It was incredibly filling and I didn't actually want another one which is strange. I'm sure it's because of the oatmeal that's in it.
We could reduce the calorie count by removing the blueberries, eating it without the banana, and maybe even making some sugar-free syrup with Splenda packets, water and maple flavoring to sweeten it up a little more. I think I'm going to try that. It might work.
OK here's the recipe:
Hungry-Girl.com Very Blueberry Pancakes
Combine together in a bowl, then fry like a pancake :)
1/3 c regular oats
1/4 c blueberries
3 T egg whites
1 T nonfat or 1/2 % milk
1T plain yogurt (or fat free cottage cheese)
1/8 t vanilla extract
1 T wheat flour (or white flour)
1 no-calorie sweetener packet
2 T water
Pinch salt
Suggest 1) add the blueberries gently after all other ingredients are mixed together; and 2) put two or three egg whites in a small bowl and whisk together, then measure out the required amount for ease of pouring and measuring.
Enjoy!
~lk
Warning, this recipe is not for everyone - I'm sure some people will think it is too oat-y or crunch-y or health-y. But I loved it. I ate one big pancake with a banana sliced on top (no syrup). The total calorie count for this breakfast was 290 calories. It was incredibly filling and I didn't actually want another one which is strange. I'm sure it's because of the oatmeal that's in it.
We could reduce the calorie count by removing the blueberries, eating it without the banana, and maybe even making some sugar-free syrup with Splenda packets, water and maple flavoring to sweeten it up a little more. I think I'm going to try that. It might work.
OK here's the recipe:
Hungry-Girl.com Very Blueberry Pancakes
Combine together in a bowl, then fry like a pancake :)
1/3 c regular oats
1/4 c blueberries
3 T egg whites
1 T nonfat or 1/2 % milk
1T plain yogurt (or fat free cottage cheese)
1/8 t vanilla extract
1 T wheat flour (or white flour)
1 no-calorie sweetener packet
2 T water
Pinch salt
Suggest 1) add the blueberries gently after all other ingredients are mixed together; and 2) put two or three egg whites in a small bowl and whisk together, then measure out the required amount for ease of pouring and measuring.
Enjoy!
~lk
Comments