Early

Winter is my favorite time of the year in South Asia. There is no snow. There is no ice. There are no scarves or mittens. However, the temperature dropping into the 60s at night brings with it a certain delightful chill that requires a sweater and definitely produces a smile on my face and thankful thoughts in my head.

We will be traveling during the South Asian winter this year, and so I have been feeling disappointed that we will miss my favorite time of the year. However, this week, the temperatures have gone down quite a bit, especially in the evenings.... it seems we're having a bit of an early winter this year! Wow, I'm so thankful.

Every night before I go to bed, after the doggies are fed and my computer is finally shut off, I go outside on our balcony, look out into the city and over the brightly lit airport, listen to the solumn quietness of a suburbia asleep, and delight in the cool breezes that gently touch my skin. I thank God for the gift of coolness and try to absorb every bit of it while it is still here. I would love to set up our tent and spend the night on the balcony, no doubt requiring additional blankets and snuggling under the covers. Camping in the winter? Who'd have thought.

I am so glad that the cool winter weather seems to have made an early arrival this year. I plan to enjoy every minute of it.

~lk

Comments

Kim S said…
I can picture you standing out there and can feel the cool breeze and halfway see the airport and all the buildings. Here it is bright and sunny today and almost up to 60.
Day by Day said…
Sounds delightful. Be sure to bring out the Smores for the kiddos. Miss you.

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day