School
Morning devotion: Romans 8:28
"God brings you to places, among people, and into certain conditions to accomplish a definite purpose through the intercession of the Spirit in you." ~Oswald Chambers
Everything we experience in life is given to us to help build our character. What am I learning? What is God trying to teach me? God works for our good/growth/maturity in all things because He has a purpose for us -- a purpose for our lives -- a purpose for the interactions we have everyday.
Therefore -- another reminder (!) -- all things are in God's control and in His loving hand.
Romans 8:31b: "If God is for us, who can be against us?" With God, things are always a win/win situation -- win for Him and His glory -- and a win for us in our character. My question, though, is always, "How can a 'win' for someone else be a 'win' for me when it feels so much like a loss?" Of course the answer is -- because of what I'm learning through the 'loss' -- that is the ultimate 'win', no matter how painful or embarrassing or humbling it may be.
I feel as if I am going through an intense time of learning now - preparation - transition...
"God brings you to places, among people, and into certain conditions to accomplish a definite purpose through the intercession of the Spirit in you." ~Oswald Chambers
Everything we experience in life is given to us to help build our character. What am I learning? What is God trying to teach me? God works for our good/growth/maturity in all things because He has a purpose for us -- a purpose for our lives -- a purpose for the interactions we have everyday.
Therefore -- another reminder (!) -- all things are in God's control and in His loving hand.
Romans 8:31b: "If God is for us, who can be against us?" With God, things are always a win/win situation -- win for Him and His glory -- and a win for us in our character. My question, though, is always, "How can a 'win' for someone else be a 'win' for me when it feels so much like a loss?" Of course the answer is -- because of what I'm learning through the 'loss' -- that is the ultimate 'win', no matter how painful or embarrassing or humbling it may be.
I feel as if I am going through an intense time of learning now - preparation - transition...
- I am learning how to value people
- I am learning how to deal with conflict
- I am learning how to extend grace
- I am learning to examine my own life more carefully
- I am learning to be patient with God
- I am learning to look for ways I can help others through the ways I have grown
- I am learning the great futility of venting and complaining
- I am learning to make the most out of every moment in life rather than rushing off and wanting the future to come now
- I am learning to take the time to appreciate the simple pleasures that will bring me joy and peace and refreshment
- I am learning to say what I mean every time and in the nicest yet firmest way possible
- I am learning to just sit
- I am learning to indulge myself in conversation with my children
- I am learning to cope with my anxiety
- I am learning how to joyfully delegate
- I am learning that GOD KNOWS and that He genuinely wants to help me make it through the difficulties of my life and emerge on the other side with great thankfulness and ready to tackle the next thing He lays before me
Very truly! "We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him..." Praise Him for that and may it make a noticeable difference in my life today.
~lk
Comments