64
Yes, you know that we are home... and it's still 64 degrees at night and in the mornings here. Oh how very, very delightful. I am so thankful. I think I might venture out and put up our tent tomorrow and the kids and I can have one more cool weather camp out before it gets too warm to sleep outside.
A few random things today:
- I am enjoying watching the Australian Open. Tomorrow evening, my friend Sania Mirza plays Venus Williams in Rod Laver Arena (Center Court). What a fantastic opportunity for Sania - she must be so nervous as she tries to sleep tonight! I was reading that Venus has not been playing well (although still winning)... so perhaps Sania has a better chance of winning. What a huge, huge deal that will be here in this country if Sania somehow does indeed pull out a victory. Go Sania, Go!
- I am thrilled that tomorrow is Saturday. We can sleep in... if the kids cooperate. We've been slowly recovering from jet lag all week. Today we all slept through 'til the alarm went off. What a major milestone. Of course the alarm went off at the usual 5.45a... but still, we were not up at an insane pre-dawn hour, so I was happy.
- While we were in America I learned how to knit. I am presently making a scarf for Claire. My progress is slow because my workload is heavy and I don't have a lot of freetime to spend knitting. But hopefully I can pick it up again soon. I think it will be a very relaxing hobby for me and maybe something I can teach Claire to do one day. Claire got a craft kit for Christmas from some friends here - and it came with some yarn that looks similar to the yarn I'm using to make Claire's scarf. Claire took that yarn and told me very proudly that now she could make a scarf like I was making! Very nice indeed.
- I desperately need a pedicure. It's been way too long and the weather in the US was way too dry for my poor old feet. I need to find the time to go, but again my workload is a little too heavy to take a morning or afternoon off for this indulgence. We'll see how long I can hold out. My skin is actually still generally dry here which is surprising to me. I thought once we returned to the relative humidity of South Asia that my skin would re-hydrate again. However, not so. I guess it's the winter weather that has hung on that is making the difference.
- The mosquitoes are out in full force at the moment. I don't usually get attacked, but for some reason as I sit here typing I have been bitten at least 100 times. Claire is generally the worst victim in this house (she is the sweetest after all, right?) and she presently looks like she has chicken pox she has so many bites. Hopefully we won't get malaria.... Kevin also is a mosquito magnet, but thankfully for him, he is not in town at the moment. Hopefully there are no mosquitoes where he is right now...!
- I love the new Starbucks mug I brought back with me from the US. It is wonderful and I love drinking my morning coffee in it. It is amazing.
- I also love egg-white omelettes. They are amazing. I made homemade salsa today to put on top of my egg-white-broccoli-chicken/ham omelette lunch today. So tasty. Unbelievable.
- I got addicted to watching NFL football while we were in America. This Sunday there are two key games that I'm dying to watch... should be a Green Bay / New England Super Bowl... I'm sure Green Bay fans are incredibly happy and optimistic right now... and can New England really have a completely perfect unbeaten season? At this point I hope so as that would be pretty exciting. I think, however, that they will not play the games on TV here, so I may have to resort to 'watching' them on the internet again this week on www.nfl.com.
~lk
Comments