Pleased

I am happy that Novak Djokovic won the Australian Open.  If it couldn't be Roger Federer, then Djokovic is the next best choice in my book.  Way to go.  And what a great match, too.  I was glad I was home in time after Sunday morning events to watch it.  Very nice, very nice indeed.

And did anyone notice that my friend Sania Mirza was in the finals of the Mixed Doubles??  Wow, way to go!  She and Bhupathi lost, but good grief, it was a Final of a Grand Slam!  The whole nation is proud.

So now begins the long wait 'til the French Open.  I'm thinking of perhaps following the interm tennis a little more closely this year.  Something to entertain myself while waiting for the next big tournament.  Once again, my travels to the UK will miss out both Rolland Garros and Wimbledon.  So very sad.  Hoping that my friend Megan will miraculously find me free air tix and free center court seats for the beloved grass-court tournament.  However, even Megan with all her magical powers is unlikely to be able to do that... however, I can wish and hope, right?

Superbowl Sunday is one week away (or shall I say Superbowl Monday morning... that's the time it'll be on in my part of the world...)  I have no one to enjoy the game with, so it's likely I will just sleep right through it.  No scones, omelettes, muffins, breakfast burritos, morning pizza or quiche for me on that day.  Maybe next year.  Oooo what a feast we could have.

For now, though, it's time for bed... time for a quiet week with only one appointment on the books.  Thus, I shall pass my post-tennis-let-down hours by doing work and playing with the kids.  And cleaning out the house.  And blogging.  And renewing my romance with the gym.  I wonder how many minutes I can work up to running?  Last week it was 10.  Perhaps I can do at least 15 this week.  We shall see.

~lk

Comments

Unknown said…
Chris & I just joined a gym Fri. We'd been going for 2 wks on a trial & decided we liked it. I was SO out of shape, I had to work my way up to walking, but now am up to running, too...started out at 5 min, then 10, then 15, & finally got up to 25 on Fri. All that to say, happy running! I'm empathetically rooting for you :)
Maggie said…
I'm looking into Wimbledon tickets, but not looking hopefully! Will keep trying though!

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections