Off I go!

It's off to Germany for me tonight! 

Going for a week of international leadership meetings for our partner organization, I will be making my first pilgrimage to the 'holy' city of Mosbach, 1 1/2 hours drive south of Frankfurt.

Road map to Mosbach

Apparently, according to Wikipedia, these buildings are some of the things I will see there.

      

I am looking forward to a little change of pace for the next week.  I think that the weather will be quite cool, but my colleague and new friend Mary lent me some warm clothing that I've packed into my green duffel bag and will hoist onto the plane to keep me warm.  

I am looking forward to the Starbucks in the Frankfurt airport... of course!

I am not looking forward to trying to eat properly while I am there.  For those of you who have been reading my blog for a while know, the last time I went to Germany in August 2006, I became hopelessly devoted to eating chocolate biscuits/cookies.  They were so delicious.  I think I will have to put a complete ban on eating any chocolate biscuits.  For me, there is no moderation.  Once I start eating them, I'll never be able to stop.  So perhaps I should simply just not indulge myself at all in those delectable little treats.  I am hoping to find lots of fruits and veggies and maybe some soup to satisfy my longings while I am there.  And the town looks very cute which means hopefully some good walking on the roughly cobble-stoned roads.  

At the very least, I will take my first full day (which is free) to search out diet coke and coffee.  True priorities, you know.

More updates from the trip!

~lk

Comments

Day by Day said…
Smiling...
Have a great week!
Kim G. said…
Have a great trip and enjoy that free time - you have earned it (and more)! Happy Belated Birthday! I have an idea about the chocolate biscuits. Buy one or two just as you are leaving town, that way you can enjoy them without the temptation of buying more. But if it was me - I'd enjoy them while you're there and leave the "dieting" for back home where it's easier to control things.

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections