Another Day

Today appears to be just another day... and here's what I've been doing.

1. I did a '27-Thing-Fling'... which started as only 27 things, but then, as usual, escalated to like a million.  Purging the house of unused goods brings me such great joy!  My delightful cousin Heidi sent me a pink frying pan (yea!!) and so I was able to get rid of one of my old way over used ones that has been longing to leave my house for at least a year.  I also went through our bookshelves again -- rearranged all the books, took out all the coloring books, and gave away a few 'too-young' kids books.  I restrained myself from giving any of Kevin's books away.  I should be highly congratulated.

2. I am keeping up with email.  I desperately want my in-box to get down to less than one screen... (which means a max of 9 mails in the in-box).  I'm presently at around 15.  Some things I'm waiting on others to reply... and when they do?  Watch out!  Clean in-box is on the horizon.  I've been editing reports like crazy these last two months -- newsletters, school updates, stories, etc.  I've also been trying to load articles and other resources onto our partner org's international intranet.  Again, I should be highly congratulated.

3. I've been eating leftover cake and ice cream from Claire's birthday.  The only problem with getting such a large cake is that it never ends.  I have absolutely no problem eating massive amounts of cake and ice cream.  In fact, it's one of my favorite activities in all the world!  But the food diary can only take so many 1,000 calorie plates of dessert... Maybe today will be the last of it.  We'll see.  Suffering, suffering I say.

4. I have been watching TENNIS. I love tennis.  I want to play tennis.  I've been happy so far with the results of the French Open.  Watched a nail-biter last night between Ana Ivanovich (my new favorite after the departure of Justine Henin) and Jelena Jankovic.  Tomorrow's final will put Ivanovich against Dinara Safina.   That should be a great match.  Ivanovich's win yesterday promotes her to #1 ranked player in the world.  Way to go Ana!  And only 20 years old.  Today... in just an hour or so we'll watch Djokovich vs. Nadal.  Come ON Djokovich!!!  And then later Federer (yea!) vs. Monfils, a charasmatic Frenchman.  That should be interesting.

5. I have been waiting for the monsoon rains to come!  The rain is falling right now as I type... don't think it's quite yet the 'official' monsoon.  But seeing as it is June 6... it could come at any moment.  The temperatures have been under 100 degrees this week which is delightful.  Yes, that's right, 90-degree temps are indeed delightful.

6. I have been thinking of alternative careers... or at least thinking of some fun things I could do.  So far?  Two things I want to do:  1) Become a professional athlete.  Seriously.  But I'm 35 years old.  What could I do?  I have no idea... and 2) Host my own online talk show and/or cooking show.  It would be so easy with YouTube, don'tcha think?  Give me a list of topics and surely I could talk about them.  And I would love, love, love to cook on video.

Well... enough about me for now.  Gotta go watch the rain.

~lk

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh yay! I'm glad that package arrived! I was hoping everything would be in good shape. I have pink (hot pink actually) hangers that I picked up at Walmart to send you given your affinity for cleaning out, sorting, & organizing. Unforuntately they would not fit in the same package, so those will have to come another time. When does Grandma Jan come?
Matt Deane said…
A pink frying pan?

I seriously think that you should look into some sort of counseling. Seriously. This is becoming a problem. A serious problem.

Heidi, please stop enabling Leah's addiction. It's a serious problem that needs a serious solution. Seriously.

I didn't even think you could make a pink frying pan.

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections