Personal Brilliance
Those of you who know me, know that I am not at all shy of proclaiming my personal brilliance from time to time. So watch out. Here goes.

In my ever-vigilant effort to eat low calorie yet filling meals, I have been making a multitude of stir-frys... trying new vegetables, new homemade sauce combinations, new proteins, new carb additions, etc. It has been fun, but not always easy to get the flavors exactly right. Of course, anything that I add honey to always turns out great. But honey is slightly high on the calorie-o-meter, so do try to avoid adding it whenever possible. But I must indulge from time to time.
Today's lunch was a new stir fry. I julienned the zucchini and green beans. I sprinkled in the bean
sprouts. I fine-diced the chicken. And then I began frying. I searched through my spice cupboard for some new sauce combination... some oil, some acid, some aromatics, something sweet, something spicy. Oh what, oh what would it be today?
Leaving the cupboard, I sauntered over to my beloved refrigerator hoping to find something creative. And find it I did! Staring boldly at me from the third shelf on the fridge door were my salad spritzer dressing bottles. It was as if a light bulb of brilliance literally appeared over my head as I furrowed through the bottles searching for exactly the right one... Asian Silk. A ginger, sesame dressing with just 1 calorie per spray.
Gleefully jumping over to the frying veggies and chicken, I spritzed 20 delightful sprays of Asian Silk dressing on the stir fry. I knew immediately I had made the right choice, and made the WishBone Salad Dressing company a whole new marketing strategy. The wonderful smells tha
t wafted into the air confirmed that I had chosen wisely and had started a new stir fry tradition that will live long and strong into the foreseeable future.

Scooping the newly cooked and steaming hot creation onto my lunch plate, I couldn't wait to take the first bite. Even now, my mouth waters as I recall the pleasure that accompanied this wonderful, truly wonderful meal. Keeping the portion small, I limited this entire serving to only 150 calories (eaten with a 50-calorie whole wheat chapathi).
Yes, that's right, you may now begin applauding me. And, you may now run out to the store and buy everything you need to make this meal in the comfort of your own kitchen.
Enjoy, friends. Enjoy!
~lk
Comments
-Kacy B.-
Leah