Just Wanna...

Ugh!  I just want to watch TV!

I know that to be considered 'mature' and 'spiritual' and 'serious' that I am not supposed to ever watch TV.  'Good' people don't watch TV.  People who watch TV are immature and not intellectual enough and surely not as good as those who abstain.  This is prevailing thought, right?

Well, I'm sorry... I love watching TV.  I know it makes people have less respect for me, but come on.  I like watching all my favorite shows.  It helps me relax and unwind.  It is something frivolous to think about in the midst of my otherwise very serious life.  Think what you want.  I won't win any blogging awards or become a 'great person' or leader or, or, or... but at least I will enjoy myself from time to time.

However!  Now is not one of those times!  Our Satellite TV (the only way we get reception of channels) has been 'out' for about six weeks.  I am so frustrated that I can't just sit and 'veg' out once in a while... or watch a show while I'm on the exercise bike to take my mind off the physical pain of exercising... or 'participate' in some reality competition... or watch a movie while I lay on the couch listening to the sound of the rain which has finally started to fall.

I just want to watch TV!

Yes, I can watch a variety of DVDs on my computer.  I even have some episodes of Friends that I can pop in from time to time... and Food Network DVDs... But it's just not the same.  Internet shows are not available from our IP address.  And downloading things from YouTube is really just too much trouble.

I just want to be able to sit on the couch, take my remote and flip through the channels 'til I find something vaguely interesting.  

I just want to watch TV!

When will it be fixed?  Who knows.  We tried already to get it fixed.  It worked for 1/2 a day and then went out again.  We've called 'the guy' several times, all to no avail.  Broken promises to visit the house and rectify the problem.  

So I sit here on the couch on this cool monsoon evening, my eyes glazing over with exhaustion and fatigue, with my laptop on my lap trying to keep up to date with emails, reading blogs and MySpace pages... wishing I could just turn on the TV.

Alas, I can't.

Hoping that you will 'mourn' with me....

~lk

Comments

Trudy said…
I'll "mourn" with you! I know you're supposed to be even more "spiritual" because of where you are and what you do...but I hope you get some TV therapy soon!
Unknown said…
would you feel more 'spiritual' if you watched TBN on tv...i assume they don't broadcast in india, though? ha ha ha ha... ;o) i get what ur saying tho .. i miss west wing b/c i always felt more 'intellectual' watching that!
Kim G. said…
Observing a moment of silence for you dear friend.

I just downloaded and watched four episodes of my new favorite show, "Mad Men". It was totally awesome, er, I mean, not that great . . . really . . . you're not missing anything . . .

Isn't there a job somewhere where we could watch shows all day and get paid for it? Where do I sign up?

From your fellow TV junkie in OR.

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day