Laminating

I'm still on my journey toward cultivating a forgiving heart...

Colossians 3:13-14, "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  And overall these virtues [listed in verse 12] put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."

And here is the checklist of virtues from Col 3:12 to put on with love:
  • compassion
  • kindness
  • humility
  • gentleness
  • patience
  • forgiveness
  • love
Wow! what a prescription for seeing others from God's view and assuming the best about them.

Can I really do this?  Can I look at others with eyes that see through the lenses of the virtues on that list?  I want to make a laminated checklist... several copies, actually (!) to keep with me everywhere to make sure when I get all amped up on people that I am viewing them according to those verses.  What a huge difference that would make in my life!

Looking for the laminator right now...

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections