Mmmmm

Mmmmm.... cantaloupe....

Just recently I've noticed at a few local restaurants that they've been carrying tasty cantaloupe.  This may not sound like a big deal, but after having survived for 10 years without this tasty treat, I was very happy to see this delicious fruit in our local markets.  

Vendors used to sell 'musk melon' as they call it here, but it was not sweet... Local people would dice it up, put it in milk and stir in a lot of sugar to make it taste good.  However, that was not really acceptable in my book.  

Therefore, when I cut into this deliciously round fruit this morning and saw it's perfectly orange, melon-y flesh, I just knew that the day for tasty cantaloupe in my city had finally arrived.  

With spoon in hand I removed the small seeds and plunged in to consume this delightful and healthy orb.  It definitely delivered.  Very happy indeed.

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections