Present, Practical Application

I've been preparing a powerpoint presentation for my boss this afternoon.  He's speaking in tomorrow's worship services out of the book of Philippians, chapter one.  

Among other excellent points, this one hit home particularly strongly for me today.

He notes: "How do I cope with life's difficult and most perplexing and confusing situations? How do I cope with life's tragedies and difficulties and unanswered questions?  One tool that God gives us is Grace.  Grace is the strength given to us to live through a difficult, hurtful, painful situation without full answers in the present.  This grace is given to us to help us endure present suffering."

I am feeling full of grace today.  God's grace, filling me with strength as I endure some present suffering.  Thank you, Lord, for this practical application of one of your greatest gifts to humankind.

~lk

Comments

Dorothy said…
I like this post. Phillipians is one of my favorite books - it's so encouraging.

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections