What a week
What a week, what a week, what a week.
Unbelievable.
I am completely, emotionally and physically worn out from the events of the last week.
The good news is that I think the worst is 'over' for now. I must take this upcoming week to rest and recover fully, so that I can get back to 'normal' soon.
I have been overwhelmed by the love, concern and prayers of so many people.
I have been completely comforted and hedged in by God's grace and compassionate hand.
I have been thankful for the tangible ways many have given help and provided for our physical needs and for our emotional sustenance.
My goal for the upcoming 7 days...
- say 'no' to as many things as possible.
- sit in my chair with my feet up
- read my book
- work slowly on a major writing project
- answer personal emails
- do a little cleaning out of my computer
- say 'no' to as many things as possible (oh, did I say that already?)
- let others handle as many work items as realistic
- relax
- sleep
- heal
- rest
- recover
I think that's a pretty good 'to-do' list... Perhaps this entire experience of resting, depending on others and letting others handle things has taught me some good life lessons about taking more time for myself. About empowering others. About finding more qualified and available people to do a variety of my jobs. About resting more. About spending more time with the children. About putting my feet up just a little more often. I think those are good life lessons to learn. Let's see if I can truly apply them to the upcoming months and years of my life. I think my life will be much richer and much fuller because of it.
God is very good; very faithful; very gracious; all-consuming; all-providing.
I am thankful for this 'what a week' that I've just had.
~lk
Comments