Deep Freeze
We will be eating out of our freezer for a while...
After having a great time cooking special meals for our friends over the last couple of weeks, we now have a freezer full of leftovers in which we will be indulging tonight... and the next night... and the next night... and... and... and...
I'm excited about this prospect for a few reasons:
1. All the leftovers are packaged into calorie friendly portion sizes. After 6 weeks of eating everything in sight, it's definitely time to get back to 'normal' life of good food choices and portion control. This freezer eating system should help significantly.
2. Although I really enjoy cooking, it is nice to have a break. I think I won't have to cook for about three weeks... I think the best part about not cooking is NO CLEANUP.
3. I won't have to expend the emotional energy trying to decide what to have for dinner. I have gotten out of the habit of writing weekly menus so sometimes I am standing in the kitchen at dinner time wondering what to cook... this for some reason drives me insane! When choosing my frozen entrees, I may not know what we'll have, but I won't have that many choices.
Into the deep freeze I go. What will I unearth for dinner tonight? Only the freezer will know....
~lk
Comments