Hazardous
Yes... there was chopping, there was slicing, there were wild hand movements and snipping and shearing and FEAR!
Yes... this was a haircut.
I love getting my hair cut. It relaxes me and makes me feel glamorous for one fleeting moment in time. However, I don't get my hair cut nearly often enough. And I rarely go to the same person twice. I find myself in different cities... or different parts of our own city... and the urge hits me to get my locks shortened. And I just go for it.
Today that urge hit. I had to have my hair cut.
There were no big changes... same style, just shorter. My hair, nothing different. However, the way the man cut my hair was sooooo odd. His technique literally frightened me at times.
However, desperate as I was to enjoy this 'beauty' treatment, I sat patiently in the chair, wondering when he would be finished. The 'layers' were cut into my mop in a completely different way... but with the same effect.
So today some of my hair lays on the floor of the salon... my gray hair is shining through brighter than ever... but my curls are under control and my split ends are gone. Happy, healthy hair and ready to face the train ride from Agra to Delhi.
Hazard avoided. For now.
~lk
Comments