On the Road...

It's time for another trip... this time back to the UK.  

Going to the charming city of Carlisle in Northern England where I'll attend some business meetings and get to spend some time with my colleagues/friends, most of whom I wish I could see more often.

I'll be traveling by myself this time... a mother's dream :)  I can actually bring books to read and get some work done on the computer so I'm not immediately behind on my email when I arrive at my destination.

I'm looking forward to Starbucks, of course.  My supply of beans is getting a little low, so I need to stock up... and I'm hoping there will be some cute summer Starbucks paraphernalia on offer.  I love their mugs and water bottles and travel cups.

I'll be gone Sunday through Saturday... one school week.  I will definitely miss Kevin and the kids.  I'm not 100% thrilled about this trip as I'm still feeling 'off' after last month's excitement.  So we'll see how I do.  I'm thinking I will have to expend all my energy in the meetings and will not have anything left to give socially.  That is OK this time.  

I'm staying at the home of a lovely friend with whom I look forward to spending more time.  Also looking forward to morning walks (runs?) in the quiet English town which will be a brilliant start to every day.  Hoping for good health so I can actually continue this morning exercise routine.

Hoping to post from the road...

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections