I can see clearly now...
I am so happy... I have new contacts and new glasses!
I know, I know... that seems a ridiculous thing to be happy about. However, I have not seen clearly for about two years and to finally be able to focus in on everything around me brings me great joy.. and rids me of unnecessary headaches!
The last pair of contacts I got in the US were produced in a rush... I 'forced' the guy at the Eye Store (not to be confused with iStore.. ha ha) to make a pair of gas permeable contacts in 24 hours, and then I never went back for a check up since we were leaving the country. The result? Contact lenses that did not fit properly and were not exactly the right prescription. So sad.
I had been hesitating getting new contacts here in South Asia because I didn't think they would be able to offer gas permeable lenses and I was not ready to make the switch to soft lenses quite yet. However, after a delightful trip to the local Lawrence and Mayo shop, I learned that they indeed could produce gas permeable lenses... and at a fraction of the cost I paid in the US. So! Today I am wearing my new lenses which fit better and help me see better than ever.
My glasses? Well, I went out on a limb and got brown, tortoise-shell type frames which are darker than I've ever had. At least two people who've seen them on me say they make me look 'powerful'. Hmmm. Now if that were only true! Anyway, I've wanted this style for a long time and hope that they don't look ridiculous but no one is telling me. I'll post a picture of them if I can take a good photo of myself with them on. Don't hold your breath.
I am thrilled to be seeing clearly... at least with my eyes. Are my heart and brain in any state of clarity? Well, no. But that's OK because at least with 20/20 eyesight, I don't have to battle headaches and visibility frustration in addition to all the other things against which I am waging emotional war.
~lk
Comments