Thoughts while Shredding
I just looked in Kevin's closet and realized that the hangars in there are 18 years old. They are in good working order and have served us well. I have no plans to replace them. With my obsessed propensity to de-clutter my house, how is that even possible?
I have been walking around in a mental fog lately. It's as if my head is literally submerged in dark, murky clouds that are inhibiting clear thinking and the ability to concentrate. It's beginning to affect my hearing as well, I fear, as my brain has apparently tuned out all outside voices in an effort to completely overrun itself with stressful thoughts and allow me no other capacity for rational thinking.
I bought a Starbucks mug while in Singapore - you know... the kind that actually look like a Starbucks cup - white with green lettering and the check boxes for the drink order? Well, I've now implemented a 'Starbucks Run' into my afternoon work routine. Yes, that's right... I've somehow convinced myself that I'm actually drinking Starbucks if I drink out of this mug. Self-delusion? Perhaps. Good coffee? Definitely.
I have a home office with a large desk and all the supplies I need to do my job. It's a good desk. It's a good office. However, lately I prefer to work at the kitchen table. It seems to bring a sense of 'quiet' or perhaps a more casual atmosphere that again tricks my brain into thinking I'm not really working. Of course working at the kitchen table also gives me a better vantage point to all areas of the house where the kids might be playing... so I can multi-task work and mothering. We all know what multi-tasking does... prevents us from excelling at anything. A thought I should take to heart.
I am completely addicted to the following television shows: CSI Miami, Bones, How I Met Your Mother, Numb3rs, Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy. Oh, and of course the supreme show of all time: The Amazing Race. It is ridiculous to think I have enough time to watch all of these shows. Thankfully I try to limit my TV time to during meals which, although bad for the psychology of dieting, does indeed help me to relax.
Of late, I have never had a stronger desire for someone to wash my dishes and cook me meals. Neither are difficult to do, but wouldn't it be nice for a few days to lounge about on the sofa while someone catered to my every whim? Yes, that would be nice. It would also be nice to be eating a giant bowl of ice cream or an entire pizza while lounging about... but that is not in the cards at this time since I want to fit into (or shrink out of!) my jeans.
Enough from me. Back to shredding papers. Nearly done with that.
~lk
Comments