Good Times

I have been having great times with the Lord throughout all of 2008.  I'm so thankful!  God seems to be meeting me right where I'm at... every scripture leaping off the page with a tremendous sense of meaning and applicability to my daily life.  I'm so thankful for the inspirational books I've been reading that are dissecting the Word with great accuracy and an awesome sense of the practical.

I have renewed my prayers for spiritual armor from Ephesians 6.  A pink notecard stuck inside my Bible reminds me to 'get dressed' every morning.  I'm so grateful for that passage and the confidence it gives me in the power of my Lord.  Every morning I am struck afresh by a new phrase in that passage, of the depth of meaning God has for us in the words he chose so very specifically to protect and encourage us in our daily waging of the battle we call life.

I have been reminded in John 16 that the Holy Spirit reveals things to us when we are ready.  Not before... not too late... but in the exactly perfect timing when God's revelation will benefit us the most... on God's terms 'the most'... not necessarily our terms.  God knows how much we can handle; he knows how much of himself we are able to comprehend at any one time.  He is gentle with us and is constantly whispering.  It is the still small voice of the Holy Spirit that I so deeply appreciate.

Mark 13 is another reminder to me that God's truth will always win in the end.  Truth is on my side.  Truth. Truth. Truth.  I can't even begin to describe how important this is to me.  People may not listen to me, but when I speak truth in love I know that God hears me even if no one else is willing.  God knows.  The truth will always stand.  Eventually everything else falls apart.  But the truth lasts for ever and is a fantastic protection against all other attacks -- whether spiritual or human.

And finally for now, Luke 11 exhorts me to just keep on asking!  Pray, pray, pray and pray some more.  God will come through with some answer.  His silence means wait, not no.  Keep on praying.  When the answer does come as 'no' it means there is something better.  Keep on asking.  Don't stop.  God's timing is perfect, even when ours is not.  God does not need our help in helping his will come to pass.  Persevere for the things God has called us to seek after.  Wait for him.  Wait. 

God is good all the time and I'm especially enjoying hearing so clearly from him every day during this season.

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections