Simply

Apparently I use the word 'simply' a lot in my writing.  I've been proofreading and editing the 'first revision' of 'the book' and have deleted the word 'simply' at least 20 times.  Yes, sometimes it fits, but when used over and over and over again.... good grief it gets annoying!  No one ever pointed that out to me before.  Hmmm, wow!  I know that I am definitely 'verbose' in my writing, especially my professional writing.  But that word is one I can simply do without... ha ha ha.

My daughter now has a pink bike.  A very pink bike.  I love it.  Her first bike literally bit the dust and was unrepairable somehow.  Watching Clark ride his bike without the training wheels has been killing her, so today Daddy went out and got her a new bike.  He got himself a bike, too.  Apparently it's going to be a family affair this new hobby of bike riding.  When asked where my bike was, I replied... it's that stationary one in the living room!  Well, at least I get a fan blowing on me and television to watch while I cycle around.  I think we're going to have great fun this winter.

I can't believe tomorrow is finally election day.  I'm not so much praying for the election itself, but rather the climate of the nation after the election.  Praying for the roughly 50% of the nation who will be disappointed in the outcome, whatever it may be.  Praying there will not be violence.  Praying for the safety of whoever wins.  Praying for the world economic crisis to ease up... Of course, what will the world talk about once the winner is declared?  I'm sure some new controversial issue will take the limelight.  We will try to watch as much of the election coverage as possible on CNN.  When we wake up on our Wednesday morning, we'll hopefully watch the final closing of the West Coast polling stations and maybe see the projected winner.  When it was Bush v. Gore, we were in Boise and stayed up 'til 2am or so... only to be 'disappointed' in the fact that it would be another month before the actual winner was declared.  But watching the election night coverage does bring with it a sense of excitement and history.

Making homemade pizzas for dinner tonight... I'm having pesto and mozzarella... kids are having just mozzarella... Kevin's having BBQ chicken, mozzarella and onions.  What a great variety!  And so fun to make.  I love making my own pizza dough and mini pizzas.  It's great fun.  And the best part is that the pizza I eat is only 250 calories.  Now that's a treat.

Time to eat...

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day