What more?

I got new curtains today for my dining room.  They're yellow and bright and cheery.  It's inspiring me to maybe put some pictures on my otherwise blank walls.  Oh my!  My friend Barb made me a lovely cross-stitch that will go well there, and I have a print with a nice yellow flower.  Perhaps one more print and that wall would match the curtains nicely.  I just wish all the paint wasn't falling off the walls in that room!

I took the kids to paint pottery today.  It was pretty fun, although the pottery place was located in the middle of a toy store.  Yes, that's right, keeping their attention was a little difficult.  I can't wait to see/use the finished products.  We painted mugs.  Coffee should taste pretty good out of those carefully handcrafted vessels.  The biggest miracle of the day was that we did not break anything.  A miracle indeed!

Kevin is building me a puzzle table.  I'm so excited about it.  For several years now, I've searched the city high and low for some kind of portable or collapsable table to use when my mom comes for her Thanksgiving pilgrimage to visit us.  We always do a puzzle and always have to find some kind of table or board or other flat surface to use as our puzzle base.  This year, however, I've given up looking and asked Kevin if he could just build me something.  An hour later all the materials were in my front hall and construction had begun!  I anticipate a Saturday finish on the table.  It's going to be so cool.

I found cranberries and brussels sprouts at the store today.  I quickly snatched them up for use in the Thanksgiving feast which is just 2 weeks from yesterday.  I'm so excited.  I should probably stock pile some sweet potatoes as well next time I see them... and a pumpkin.  Mmmm it's going to be a tasty day.  I've been going through magazines and websites trying to find the perfect menu and perfect decorations for that fun day.  I learned yesterday on a Martha Stewart podcast that I can prepare my stuffing the day before and keep it cold overnight before baking it for the Turkey Day lunch.  That will help me.  I have a few more Thanksgiving crafts to do with the kids, too.  And we now have 3-4 books plus Charlie Brown Thanksgiving to get us in the mood.

I need glue.  We got a new Christmas ornament, but it dropped and broke in half.  Must have glue.

I am so excited that I'm knocking off some long-standing emails that have been in my in-box.  There are few greater joys for me than having a nearly empty in-box.  I feel unburdened.  I feel caught up.  I feel like I've actually accomplished something.  I feel as if I can tackle some of the 'other things' I want to do in my home, in my professional life, and in my personal time.  A clean in-box.  A clean desk.  An uncluttered home.  What more can a girl ask for?

Enjoy your day, faithful readers.

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections