3...2...1...
What am I doing on New Years Day 2009? Rather than updating my Facebook Status every 10 minutes with something new, I thought I'd just make a list here instead.
1. Cleaning and Decluttering the house. I am hoping to get rid of bags and bags of stuff that need not be in my house any longer. I started with 2008 calendars. So far I've gotten rid of seven. I wonder if there are more hiding somewhere? We'll see. Kevin decluttered one shelf on our office filing cabinet last night to my great, great delight. That produced a huge bag of stuff to be thrown away. Looks like we'll be making another trip under the cover of darkness to the local dump. They don't like you to dump stuff there, but when those who frequent the dump see what is in our 'garbage' (i.e., household goods, some old unusable computer equipment, office supplies, etc.) they suddenly aren't so concerned about what we leave behind.
2. Exercising. I ate too much on New Years Eve and I hope I can burn off a few of those additional calories today.
3. Cooking! (Hopefully not eating too much of it, but must cook a few fun New Years Day treats.) I'll be cooking black-eyed peas and corn bread, as well as hopefully some mini frittatas, some biscuits and sausage gravy. All in moderation. I think.
4. Watching the ball drop in New York City... on CNN.com... at 10.30am my local time.
5. Bike riding in the neighborhood with the family. Kevin and the kids got me a bicycle for Christmas and so now the Kadwell family can ride through nearby streets like the true circus parade we are. What fun!
6. Finishing my End of the Year Letter/Update. I went through the calendar this morning while on the exercise bike to refresh my memory of what we did in 2008. The year flew by and I couldn't remember most of what happened. It got all mushed together. However, now I've got a good handle on the activities so can create a good month-by-month chronicle for anyone who's interested in reading it.
7. Thinking about what I've learned in 2008. Thinking about (and hopefully writing down) my goals for 2009.
8. Napping.
9. Helping Claire prepare for her First Grade entrance exam which she has to take tomorrow. Praying that she does well and gets in! The school told us we'll find out about her admission status almost immediately.
10. Playing with my iPhone. 'Nuf said.
11. Putting the kids to bed early. If they'd ever wake up! It's already 9.30a and they're still sleeping! I love when they sleep in. It's so quiet around here! Morning coffee tastes so much better in the quietness of a sleeping-child house!
12. And, if the place is open... maybe going to get my nails done? We go to the salon at my gym because I get a big discount because I'm a gym member. We'll see if we get around to that. We have lots of other things to do today!
Happy New Year everyone!
~lk
Comments
~Kacy~