'Tis
It's Christmas Time! I am sooooo excited! I love Christmas and all the accompanying events of joy that surround the holiday. Since I will be away from my family for 2 weeks of the Christmas season this year, we're trying to make every moment together count.
We put up our Christmas tree on the day after Thanksgiving. So far everyone who has come into our house has thought we were completely crazy. But we love it. We made a great night of it... We put up the tree, drank hot chocolate with marshmallows, ate frosted Christmas cookies, and watched The Polar Express on the big screen.
I had a GREAT time making the first batch of Christmas cookies this year. Just simple snowmen, trees and stars... frosted with royal icing. They looked (and tasted!) amazing. Yes, that's right, I was so proud of myself for mastering that technique. SPECIAL THANKS to those who brought my offset spatulas, without which I would not have been able to properly make these tasty treats.
We went Christmas shopping on the day after Thanksgiving as well. There were no crowds, there were no sales... but we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless. Did my Aunt Leah shopping for Anna, Kate and Billy. I love it that I am an "Aunt Leah" even though I hardly ever get to see my nephew and nieces.
We have Christmas music playing on our iPods. We made a Christmas Tree craft.
I made the kids their first-ever Advent Calendar. They are so excited to peek in all the boxes and see what surprises await.
We sang Christmas songs in Church. We're learning Christmas memory verses during morning devotional time.
We got out all our Christmas books and have started reading them.
We're off to a great start and I want to make the most of every family moment we have together 'til I leave for the US. I want the kids to understand the true meaning of the season and appreciate the Gift our Savior has given to us this year and every year. I am thankful.
Merry Christmas!
~lk
Comments
I am wondering which Christmas books do you bring out and which are your favorite?