Fright

I'm a little nervous today.  I finished the absolutely fantabulous 'Calvary Road' book this morning during my morning reading.  That means I have to start a new book tomorrow.  And the book I'm going to read is already making me nervous.  You will all laugh and say, "Yep, you're right you should be nervous, Leah" when you hear what book it is. 

Are you ready?

It is "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" by Joanna Weaver.

I can hear you all chuckling now.

In my defense, however, I am not truly as "Martha" as you would all like to believe.  (Martha Stewart-wannabe, yes, but not completely Martha of "Mary and Martha") And, I am not yet willing to concede that "Martha" was evil; that having a "Martha" personality is the worst thing that anyone could ever do.  

I'm betting this book is going to tell me that balance is the key.  At least that's what I'm hoping.

As I read, if there is anything worth noting, you'll be sure to see it.

Wish me luck.  And stop laughing.... !

~lk

Comments

Kris said…
That is one of my favorite books and I am surely a Martha. You will like it. While the Mary and Martha story that the title refers to is the most well known, remember that Martha was not the same later. She did grow.

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day