Sunday Thoughts

It's Sunday evening, one of my favorite times of the week.  I still have a headache...although as I type it is a simple tension headache tonight that will be easily managed by Advil or exercise.  I'm trying exercise first... in fact I'm on the exercise bike as I type right now.  We had a restful day at home today which is a pleasant change from the last two months.  April is nearly upon us and we're looking forward to a slower pace.

Here are some random thoughts from me to you today!

1. I love my French Press coffee maker.  Most people like the French Press because of the taste of the coffee it produces, or because it looks cool, or even perhaps because it is portable. Yes, I like mine for those three reasons, but in recent times I like it because it does not require electricity to produce coffee.  We have been having "power cuts" every morning from 7a-8a -- the prime coffee making hour -- and the French Press helps us get our daily fix.  Love it!!

2. We were flipping through the channels tonight and happened upon The Matrix.  Haven't seen this movie since 1999 (the year I think it came out on video).  We are realizing what a massive cultural phenomenon and trend setter this movie was.  Amazing how much has come from this movie in the world of entertainment.

3. I am addicted to my new book, the Reagan Diaries.  It is going to take me a long time to finish since it is nearly 700 pages long.  However, I love going to bed every night reading a few days/weeks out of the presidential lives of Ron and Nancy.  It's like they're becoming my own personal friends.  I have enjoyed getting to know them through these precious writings.

4. We have nearly successfully completed the exercise of 'Eating down our Fridge'... I have had such a fantastic time with this and I think we've saved a whack of money at the same time.  I'm going to continue at least through the month of April as well and see if we're still healthy at the end of another 30 days!  My biggest challenge will now be eating an entire bottle of dijon mustard.  Yes, there are lots of recipes that require dijon mustard... but only a teaspoon at a time. That bottle's going to last forever!  Anyway, I seem to have used everything else, so I'm sure I can meet the challenge of the Dijon as well.

5. The weather is hot, hot, hot here....

All for now... Hope you have a great week!

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day