Treasure
Clark and I were reading "Our Daily Bread" this morning before school and it told us to "Read Ephesians 3:14-21 and claim your unlimited spiritual treasure today." Sounded interesting, so I thought, Let's do it! What a blessing we found in this familiar passage. I hope my listing it here can be a treasure chest full of encouragement to you today as well.
Ephesians 3:14-21
"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith."
I need strength - emotional and spiritual strength - to deal with all that I have to deal with in this season of my life. Thankfully God has an *abundance* of strength to give. Not just some strength. Not only a measure of strength... but an abundance! plenty! more than we need!
"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deeps is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. "
During this season of difficult relationships I must remember my roots -- remember that I am firmly grounded in Christ and His great love for me which seeks to better me in all areas so that I can better glorify Him.
I can't fully understand or figure out God's love for me --- its purpose, its depth - its non-boundaries, non-limitations, how it works to better me, or exactly what the results will be today, tomorrow and a long time down the road. I do not know what my future holds -- financially, professionally, emotionally, etc., -- But I do know that GOD WILL STILL BE LOVING ME no matter what is going on in the future. That gives me glorious hope that my future may not hold quite as much doom as I imagine.
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
That really is a remarkable statement. He is able to do all! I need to ask more -- not as an afterthought or as a greedy request to make me more like my neighbor. But instead, in an effort to see my needs realized through His power so that my own life is grown and matured, and so that His being is glorified even more deeply every day.
~lk
Comments