Productivity

Yesterday I posted to my Facebook status that I was thankful that I had a very productive day. Immediately after I posted it I began to think about the fact that my definition of "productive" may not necessarily match what most people think I might mean. I can guess that many might think "productive" means me being very busy, getting lots of work done, and ignoring people in an uncaring, selfish way. I have what I deem to be an unfair and incorrectly assumed reputation for being too busy for people, for caring only about work and the bottomline. Unfair, yes. However my mom taught me from a very early age that life is not fair... so I've learned to deal with it.

I want to state for the record that a productive day to me means a "meaningful" day. One in which my life was enriched, the lives of my family members were enriched, and those with whom I interacted were hopefully mildly encouraged, if not helped in some way.

So how was my day "productive" or "meaningful" yesterday?

I had a wonderful time with the Lord in the morning with my coffee. The book I am reading on the pillars of Christian Character is really meaningful to my heart and soul.

I did many things around the house to "better" it - put things in their proper place, decluttered a few things, gave some things away...all in all made it a more peaceful place for Kevin and the kids to come home to after their stressful days at work and school. I want my home to be a peaceful haven of rest.

I made a delicious and healthy dinner - created my own new recipe when my cookbooks just weren't doing it for me. The cooking relaxed me and the family enjoyed the food....and even gave a few raves at the dinner table which filled my tank.

I had two great workouts... Yes, two. I am paying some tough penance from enjoying our time in America a little too much. But I love to exercise so these times on the treadmill were extremely meaningful and enjoyable for me.

I reconnected with a few of my colleagues - had phone calls that started out, "I just called to say Hi...." I think those are the best.

I spent time with the kids both before and after school - doing homework, devotions, relaxing... just being a mom.

Productivity=Meaningful....Yes, I had a very productive day.

~lk



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections