Relief
My head hurts all the time. But I'm sure you know that by now and I'm not complaining. It's a part of my life and I've learned to cope.
However, there are days when I wish my head wouldn't hurt. So I've learned to notice the things in this world that make my head hurt just that much less. None of which are medication, mind you.
So for your reading pleasure (and acknowledging you must be really bored if you're still reading), here's the list.
1. Baking - many people are thankful for this remedy
2. Exercise (good thing, eh, since #1 on the list is baking!)
3. Getting a head massage, having someone wash or cut my hair
4. Laying down in a cool, dark, quiet room...usually
5. Shopping...and buying!
6. De-cluttering the house (another good thing considering #5!)
7. Eating ice cream....but I think this may be a trigger to more severe headaches later, so I have to watch out...
8. Spending time with friends who make me think of things other than the pain...especially when shopping or at the spa or while drinking coffee!
And that's about it.
Thankfully, the things that make my head hurt less are also the things I enjoy most in life. So when I want to relieve my pain I need to take time out. Time to rest, time to relax, time to take care of me.
Relief. Seeking relief. One day it might come in the form of a miracle or a pill. But for now it can come in an oven or a hairbrush. And in the in between? I endure knowing it will make me stronger and that with His help, I can handle whatever God puts in my way.
~lk
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
However, there are days when I wish my head wouldn't hurt. So I've learned to notice the things in this world that make my head hurt just that much less. None of which are medication, mind you.
So for your reading pleasure (and acknowledging you must be really bored if you're still reading), here's the list.
1. Baking - many people are thankful for this remedy
2. Exercise (good thing, eh, since #1 on the list is baking!)
3. Getting a head massage, having someone wash or cut my hair
4. Laying down in a cool, dark, quiet room...usually
5. Shopping...and buying!
6. De-cluttering the house (another good thing considering #5!)
7. Eating ice cream....but I think this may be a trigger to more severe headaches later, so I have to watch out...
8. Spending time with friends who make me think of things other than the pain...especially when shopping or at the spa or while drinking coffee!
And that's about it.
Thankfully, the things that make my head hurt less are also the things I enjoy most in life. So when I want to relieve my pain I need to take time out. Time to rest, time to relax, time to take care of me.
Relief. Seeking relief. One day it might come in the form of a miracle or a pill. But for now it can come in an oven or a hairbrush. And in the in between? I endure knowing it will make me stronger and that with His help, I can handle whatever God puts in my way.
~lk
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Comments